Heather Lloyd-Martin, CEO, SuccessWorks
This is a very concise description of the session:
This session is about how successfully architecting sites for search engines and how specific page elements and design technologies may impact your ability to gain good organic listings.
- User expectance is different from IT view and SEO has to match user expectations, not IT.
- Recommended book: Information architect for the world wide web by Louise Rosenfeld , http://louisrosenfeld.com/home/
- Knowing keywords tools still does not make you a copywriter.
- Consistency in Information Architecture, site navigation and urls.
- Do not assume: test, test and test your architecture.
- SEO is all about the content on your site and links into it.
- IBM defined pages in the core of the web. A core page needs to link to our site.
- Best IA skeleton: hierarchical
- Tim Berners Lee: Don’t change URLs, change content within them, but not them.
- URLs ending with / are the best
- Don’t use urls with .html end since tech might change and you will be forced to change URLs
- Ensure IA allows deep linking into your site.